ACS 2020 release schedule

I read that 2020 ACS 1-Year Experimental Data will be released no later than November 30th according to http://census.gov.
Do we allow to access 2020 ACS on ipums.org on Nov/Dec as well(spss file. Is it called PUMS files)?

Hi Yoonseo,

The 2020 ACS 1-year Experimental data consist of a small number of data tables (cross tabulations) for the nation, states, and the District of Columbia. As far as I know, the Bureau has no plans to release a microdata file (PUMS file) for the 2020 1-year experimental data product. Thus, we will not have data on IPUMS USA from this product.

We are still considering whether to post the 1-year Experimental data tables on IPUMS NHGIS, which is our dissemination system for data published as cross-tabulated tables.

Sincerely,
Dave Van Riper

Hi Yoonseo,

I was mistaken about the PUMS file for the 2020 ACS 1-year experimental data release. My colleague will follow up on this post with more information.

Dave

The Census Bureau is planning to release an experimental 1-year 2020 ACS microdata file in December (see this press release). However the IPUMS USA team hasn’t determined whether this will be made available through IPUMS. Very little information about the experimental microdata has been released.

@Matthew_Bombyk The Census has released the PUMS data for the 2020 1-year experimental data product here. Are there any updates on IPUMS’ decision to make it available via IPUMS?

IPUMS USA does plan to release the 2020 1-year experimental data. It will most likely be available through IPUMS in mid to late January.

1 Like