ACS 2021 Availability

Hi IPUMS!

I was trying to look through the blog, but couldn’t find an answer. When generally do ACS yearly samples release? I.e., I don’t know if there’s an expected timeframe for the 2021 data.

Thank you!

Cela

ACS 1-year microdata samples are usually released in October or November of the following year. You can check the ACS release schedule for more details, but it has not been announced yet for 2021 data. The ACS microdata are typically available through IPUMS USA about one month after their release by the Census Bureau.

Hi, any update on when the 2021 sample will be on IPUMS? Thanks!

Hi Robert,

IPUMS NHGIS recently released the 1-year ACS Summary File data. This file provides tables of geographically aggregated summary statistics from the 2021 ACS for topics such as race, income, employment, and education among others.

The IPUMS USA team is working to release 1-year ACS PUMS (Public Use Microdata Sample) as quickly as possible; it typically takes 3-6 weeks from the Census Bureau release until these files are available via IPUMS USA. We will announce the release promptly via the IPUMS USA revision history and Twitter as well as with an email to IPUMS USA users when the data are available.

Hi IPUMS,

Is there an estimated date for releasing the 2021 ACS sample on IPUMS?

Thank you!

There is no scheduled release date. The IPUMS USA team is working to harmonize these data as quickly as possible, and they will be released once that process is completed. As @Ivan_Strahof noted, we will announce the release promptly via the IPUMS USA revision history and Twitter as well as with an email to IPUMS USA users when the data are available.