secondary activity filter

According to the instruction, “Duration of entire activity is the default selection for the secondary activity filter. No secondary activity filter is applied unless a user specifically requests one.”

This is really confusing. If I click “duration of entire activity”, does that mean that no secondary activity filter is applied (i.e., time spent on specified activity is counted regardless of whether secondary child care or eating and drinking occurred)?? If not, what really happens if I choose click “duration of entire activity”?? Can I leave it blank?? Thanks!!!

The passage, “Duration of entire activity is the default selection for the secondary activity filter. No secondary activity filter is applied unless a user specifically requests one.” is meant to imply that “Duration of entire activity” is equivalent to having no filter at all. Technically, a secondary filter is applied but it really doesn’t filter anything so it is the same as not having a secondary filter at all. To answer your specific questions, selecting “Duration of entire activity” is the same as leaving it blank.

I hope this helps.