please am new here and am having problems here am trying to get the PUMA geography for 00700 Muskegon.

Also i want to get the 2013 ACS/PRCS included 11 new variables addressing computer/internet access: CILAPTOP, CIHAND, CIOTHCOMP, CINETHH, CIBRDBND, CIDIAL, CIDSL, CIFIBER, CIMODEM, CISAT, CIOTHSVC.

How does access differ by race. income level, geography. etc.

You can identify Muskegon, Michigan with the variable PUMAthrough the IPUMS-USA project. PUMA is state-dependent, therefore the codes must be read in combination with one of the variables: STATEFIP or STATEICP. If you are interested in the 2010 based PUMA boundary file, this can be accessed at the bottom of this page.

IPUMS-USA also offers all of the computer-related variables that you are interested in from the 2013 ACS/PRCS. These can be searched by name individually or accessed from thevariable selection page by clicking “Appliances, Mechanical, Other Variables” from the “Household” drop-down.

For help on how to use the IPUMS-USA website, I recommend watching our video tutorials. The videos will walk you step-by-step through the process of creating an IPUMS account, using the extract system, and opening that extract in the statistical package of your choice (Stata, SPSS, SAS, Excel). If you do not have access to a statistical package, there is also a tutorial on how to use our Online Analysis System.

I also recommend checking out our FAQ page. Here, you can read answers to common questions, like using weights, understanding the extract system, and citing our data.

If you have any questions along the way, the user support team is always happy to help. We can be reached via email (ipums@umn.edu) or here on the user forum.