Margin of error in census of Argentina

Hello. Im working with the national census of Argentina and i want to know if the INDEC (the institution that made the samples) gave IPUMS the margin of error for the census from 1970, 1980 and 1991. Thanks in advance.

Julián

We typically do not receive files like this from national statistical offices; I do not see any such file from INDEC in the original data and documentation that we received.

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you tell me who made the sample then?

INDEC website says this: “INDEC participates and cooperates in the IPUMS project with data from the 2010 Census, including the sample of the basic form thereof. Until now, samples from the 1970, 1980, 1991 and 2001 censuses were already available”.

I contacted INDEC but they couldnt tell me anything about the margin of error of those samples.

You can learn more about each individual sample on the sample details pages (click through the tabs at the top to see the different Argentina samples). My read of these pages indicates that the sample was drawn by INDEC but made available to IPUMS International for dissemination.

I am only familiar with MOE terminology for published estimates/summary statistics. I wonder if you are inquiring about the process for estimating standard errors around estimates calculated from the microdata samples. This sampling error estimation page includes a table with information on sample design characteristics with implications for estimating standard errors and links to additional resources such as variance estimation guidance.

I hope this helps. Please follow up with further questions or if I have misunderstood.