Brazil Census, Universe (short form) microdadta for 1970, 1980, 1991

Hello,

IBGE (Brazil Census) publisehd deidentified microdata on the universe of respondents for the 1970, 1980 and 1991 Census. These records only include the questions in the short form, i.e., the questions that were asked to all respondents (even if not in the sample).

I would like to know if IPUMs has these original data.
I know these microdata are not included in IPUMs-International, but I was wondering IPUMs has these records in any archive/library (even if only accessible offline).

regards
Lucas

1 Like

I apologize for the slow response.

Can you tell me more about the deidentified microdata from the short form that you are finding from IGBE? I was only able to find population census microdata for 2000 and 2010 in my cursory review of the IGBE site. I am not sure if you are interested in the short form variables or a different sample than the sample currently available via IPUMS International.

I can, however, confirm that the data being disseminated from IPUMS International are from the long form and that we, currently, do not have archival copies of short form data. If you have these data or are aware of sources for them, we would be happy to connect with you; I am sure the IPUMS International team would be interested in adding them to the database, even if only to archive them.