Is there no dataset for median income by race and ethnicity at the tract level?

I am looking for median income by race and ethnicity (so primarily non-hispanic black, white and asian) at the tract level.

However, all that I am seeing is "B19013H. Median Household Income in the Past 12 Months (in 2022 Inflation-Adjusted Dollars) (White Alone, Not Hispanic or Latino Householder)

It does not include “Not Hispanic or Latino Householder” for any other racial groups, but white.

However, other racial groups are available at the MSA and county geographical levels (table B19013)

Any explanation for why this is or how to contextualize? I’m trying to understand at a higher level when race+ethnicity data is and isn’t available, and why.

The Census Bureau typically publishes race+ethnicity data for various categories (e.g., income, educational attainment) for the following race+ethnicity groups:

1. White alone
  2. Black alone
  3. American Indian alone
  4. Asian alone
  5. NHOPI alone
  6. Some other race alone
  7. Two or more races
  8. Hispanic or Latino
  9. White alone, Not Hispanic

This has been the case going back to 1980, although the number of race+ethnicity categories varies over time. I think the only ACS table where we get a full set of race+ethnicity combinations is B03002. Hispanic or Latino Origin by Race.

As we subdivide households or individuals into smaller and smaller groups by race/ethnicity, the sample sizes in a given geographic unit get smaller and smaller. As the sample sizes get smaller, it’s more and more difficult for the Bureau to generate a reliable estimate. Thus, I believe that’s why they do not publish statistics for additional race+ethnicity combinations.

Sincerely,
Dave Van Riper
IPUMS