Extracts disappearing

Hi,
I made a data extract a couple of days ago. I did not download it then. At the time, all my extracts even from several years ago where visible and I could use and revise them. Today, when I went to download my data extract, I found that it was not there. Is there a way you can upload my extract to your site please? It will save me a few hours.

Warm regards,
Mo

It does appear that you do not have any previous data extracts listed. Is there any chance you might have another IPUMS account listed under a different name and email? If so, you can email us directly at ipums@umn.edu as opposed to posting it here.

Hi Michelle, In reply to my question above you said:

Edit Answer (for another -1 minute)

“It does appear that you do not have any previous data extracts listed. Is there any chance you might have another IPUMS account listed under a different name and email? If so, you can email us directly at ipums@umn.edu as opposed to posting it here.”

What I just found out is that if I first open IPUMS “Health Surveys” page, and then click Download Or Revise Extracts, I will be able to see my extracts. But if I first open the “US Census Data for Social, Economic, and Health Research”, then clicking on Download Or Revise Extracts will take me to an empty list with no extracts. Is this a bug in the system? Perhaps it is supposed to be this way.

Many thanks,

Mo

If you have not created any extracts through IPUMS USA, then it is correct that you would not see any on your IPUMS USA “my extracts” page. You will have an extract page for each IPUMS project that you are registered for. Are you looking for an IPUMS USA extract, or one from IPUMS NHIS?

Hi Michelle, You wrote:

“If you have not created any extracts through IPUMS USA, then it is correct that you would not see any on your IPUMS USA “my extracts” page. You will have an extract page for each IPUMS project that you are registered for. Are you looking for an IPUMS USA extract, or one from IPUMS NHIS?”

My extracts relate to NHIS. I am clear now about why I wasn’t able to see my extract through IPUMS USA. Thanks for your help.