When will Enumeration Districts be available for the full count census 1900 and 1930?

I am researching the settlement pattern of a number of immigrant groups in the period 1880 to 1940. The Enumeration Districts would be very helpful.

Sorry for the delayed response for this question. The IPUMS USA Historical Team does have plans to make the enumeration districts available for 1880 - 1940. Although these sorts of things are difficult to forecast, they are aiming for a release date sometime before the end of the year.

Thank you so much for the answer. I will look for updates of the full count censuses. Don’t excuse for the late answer. You are all doing a very good job which is very helpful for us, even we have to wait some days for answer. Thanks again!

Dear Jeff,

I have the same question as Grongaard.

Are there any news on the future availability of the ED for the full count of 1930? Do you think that it is realistic for them to be released in the coming year (2021)?

All the best,

Thilo

The IPUMS USA team is working on reviewing and expanding enumeration district data in the historical data. It seems probable that ENUMDIST will be available for the 1930 full count file sometime in 2021.