USA vs. International Sampling Procedures

Hello, I would like to confirm that the US 1860 1% sampling method is the same for IPUMS International as it is for IPUMS USA? I could only find the sampling description on the IPUMS USA site, which is why I ask. Thank you!

In both IPUMS USA and IPUMS International, the US 1860 1% sample is sourced from the United States Census 1860. The sampling description for IPUMS USA is located here and the sampling description for IPUMS International is located here. You can read here about the 1860 Census sample design.

Thanks! Sorry for the delay in responding to this, but I do have a follow up question. That page that you linked me to for the 1860 Census sample design is on IPUMS USA. It says that the sampling scheme for 1860 is the same at the one for 1850. Is that the case for IPUMS international data? Is the sampling scheme for IPUMS international 1860 USA data the same as the sampling scheme for 1850 IPUMS USA data?

The sample design is the same for 1860 IPUMS International (outline here) as it is for 1850 IPUMS USA (outlined here).