Can't switch between datasets on the online tool

I am facing an issue with choosing a new dataset on the online data analysis tool. I started off with CPS-ASEC, 1962 which was my first time with the tool. Consequently, I set up my account and proceeded with the analysis.

Next, I tried choosing a new dataset 2013-2017 5-year ACS but this says that I have registered for a project and redirects me to the CPS data page on the tool. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Smriti.

Okay, I seem to have found a solution.

Logging out, closing my browser, reopening it and logging back in does the trick. I am not sure why that should be the only solution, though. Can someone from the staff please look into this?

Regards,
Smriti.

I’m glad you seem to have found a solution. Note that IPUMS CPS (which provides the ASEC data) and IPUMS USA (which provides the ACS data) are two separate IPUMS Projects. As such, users need accounts for each project. Looking into your account information, it looks like you’ve done this correctly. You should be able to access CPS ASEC data via IPUMS CPS and ACS data via IPUMS USA without any issue.

Thank you for getting back on this. I will keep the point on separate accounts, in mind.

Regards,

Smriti.