Dear IPUMS User,
We are proud to announce the opening of the 2023 IPUMS Research Awards. These awards honor outstanding research from 2023 using IPUMS data to advance or deepen our understanding of social and demographic processes and really showcase the power of the IPUMS data collections. Cash prizes are awarded for the best published and the best student work (published or unpublished) in the following categories:
- IPUMS USA: Best paper using data from IPUMS USA (including full count data)
- IPUMS CPS: Best paper using data from IPUMS CPS
- IPUMS International: Best paper using data from IPUMS International
- IPUMS Health Surveys: Best paper using data from IPUMS NHIS and/or IPUMS MEPS
- IPUMS Spatial: Best paper using data from IPUMS NHGIS, IPUMS IHGIS, and/or IPUMS CDOH
- IPUMS Global Health: Best paper using data from IPUMS DHS and/or IPUMS PMA (2023 and 2024 publications using the recently launched IPUMS MICS data will be eligible for next year’s competition)
- IPUMS Time Use: Best paper using data from IPUMS ATUS, IPUMS AHTUS, or IPUMS MTUS
We will also be awarding the IPUMS Excellence in Research Award. This award highlights outstanding research by scholars from groups that have been systemically excluded in research spaces. When submitting a paper for consideration in any of the data collection categories, lead authors who identify as belonging to a systemically excluded group may indicate their interest in being considered for the IPUMS Excellence in Research Award as well. Similar to the awards for specific IPUMS data collections, the IPUMS Excellence in Research Award will be given to one published paper and one student paper (published or unpublished).
The submission deadline for the 2023 awards competition is February 18, 2024.
Use it for good!
The IPUMS Team