Unemployment Insurance Non-Filer Supplements: 1976, 1989, 1993, 2005

Hello,

I have been searching all over for CPS microdata for the Unemployment Insurance Non-Filer (UINF) Supplements for the years 1976, 1989, 1993, and 2005. I noticed that IPUMS CPS does not have the supplement available for any of these years. I have been able to find the 2018 microdata for the CPS UINF on census’ website. But I noticed that the data were no where to be found on NBER’s website either. I was wondering why this is the case? Are these data restricted in some unique way?

Any guidance/ information would be great!

You are correct that UINF data are not currently available through IPUMS CPS. We have copies of UINF supplement data for 2005 and 2018, as well as a number of UINF measures that were rolled into other supplements in 1989 and 1990; however, these have not yet been integrated to IPUMS CPS. I am not aware of UINF data files for 1976 or 1993 in the IPUMS warehouse, and wasn’t able to turn anything up on this when looking around online. Our team intends to add the data we do have to the IPUMS CPS database, but has no firm timeline for this project.

1 Like

Thanks Kari, I appreciate the information. I will continue to look into the 1976 and 1993 iterations and I will post if I find out any additional information.

1 Like