IPUMS Abacus Beta Testers will be an important part of the IPUMS Abacus development process. Beta Testers will get first access to new features and data and will provide important feedback, helping to determine the direction and priorities of IPUMS Abacus.

To sign up, email ipums+abacus@umn.edu or reply to this topic letting us know!

YES! I would like to be a Beta Test for Abacus. I work at UCLA Data Science Center (includes Social Science Data Archive). We currently have SDA but as the person who has to maintain SDA I’d love to replace it with anything sort of a pencil, paper and calculator.
Thank you,
Jamie Jamison
UCLA Data Science Center

Excellent! Thanks, Jamie. You can expect to hear from us in the next few weeks about what’s coming for the IPUMS Abacus beta program!

I am willing to be a Beta Tester for Abacus.

Wonderful! You are now officially a part of the IPUMS Abacus beta tester team! You can expect to hear from us as we release new features to the beta environment. Thanks for helping us improve IPUMS Abacus!

Hello,

This is Joshua. I would like to be a beta tester. Current Masters Student and utilizing data for thesis research so this would be a great opportunity. Thank you

Thanks for being willing to test out new features that are part of IPUMS Abacus. While we don’t have plans for new features currently, we have added you to the beta testers group so you will learn about new features as they become available.