I am researching the city of Buxton, Iowa in 1910. How do I get data showing the age, sex, and race of Buxton.

Buxton was an integrated town in 1910 where African Americans lived and worked next to people from Sweden and eastern Europe. I am looking to find more precise data on age, sex, race, occupation.

Unfortunately, it does not appear that Buxton, IA is identifiable by either CITY, MCD, or INCORP in IPUMS USA. Your best option may be to look into using WARD. WARD is an un-recoded variable that identifies the political ward where the household was enumerated. If you were able to identify the ward (or wards) that comprised Buxton, IA in 1910, then you may potentially be able to conduct the analysis you have described. However, it should be noted that there are several issues with this variable that may make it difficult to use: enumerators often neglected to note ward locations and the Census Bureau did not publish maps of wards, so you would have to consult local records for this information.

Additionally, you could look into the information available through IPUMS NHGIS, which provides spatially aggregated census data.