Does anyone know what the "missing" people mean when looking at whether they were married or not?

Does anyone know what the “missing” people mean when looking at whether they were married or not?

I downloaded your extract and am unable to replicate the problem you encountered with MARST. A quick frequencies check in SPSS showed the same values as those on the MARST codes page.

I have two suggestions for things you can try to help rectify the issue on your end. First, double-check that you are using the STATA/SAS/SPSS command file that corresponds with your data file. If you are using a command file for a previous extract, then the data will not read into your statistical package correctly.

Second, it is possible that your data extract did not download completely when you saved it to your computer. Try resubmitting your extract and downloading the zipped data file again, waiting until the file has completely downloaded before you unzip it.

I hope this helps! If you continue to have problems with missing values for MARST, please let us know and we can provide further assistance.