2015-2019 acs nhgis api

Hi all,

I am trying to download the NHGIS 2015-19 ACS from the API, but am seeing that it is not there. Am I missing something? Or, is there a plan to include this into the API?

Thanks so much

Hi Christopher,

You’re correct that the 2015-2019 5-year ACS tables are not yet available via the API. Unfortunately, this appears to have been an oversight on our part and we’re working to correct it. I’ll reply again here when the tables are available.

Thanks for letting us know about this! We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Great, thanks Jonathan!

The 2015-2019 ACS tables are now accessible via the API. Thanks again!

I have looked around but I am unable to find a codebook for how to make an api call.

For example if I wanted total population for every Census tract where would I begin?

Is there a list of datasets, tables, and variables available? I am using python.

Thanks!

The IPUMS Developer Portal supplies workflows and code, including Python examples, for using the NHGIS API. The API supports metadata queries, which you could use to determine which data are available. You can also review what’s available in NHGIS on the Data Availability page, on the Overview of Datasets page, or directly through the Data Finder.