What types of files will I get in my extract?

What types of files will I get in my extract?

What types of files you get depend will depend on the format in which you choose to get your extract:
Microdata: Your extract will include:
.csv.gz: Compressed comma-separated value file containing person records with the variables you selected (including contextual variables)
.cbk: Text file codebook describing your extract
.do, .sas, .sps: Syntax files for importing data into STATA, SAS, and SPSS, respectively
.xml: XML structured DDI metadata for your extract
boundaryfiles*.zip: (If you included contextual variables and checked �Include GIS boundary files�) Geographic boundary data for the geographic levels included in your extract. Each .zip will contain the files constituting a shapefile for one geographic level.
Area-level data: Your extract will include:
.csv: Comma-separated value file containing geographic unit records with the variables you selected
.do, .sas, .sps: Syntax files for importing data into STATA, SAS, and SPSS, respectively
.xml: XML structured DDI metadata for your extract
boundaryfiles*.zip: (If you checked �Include GIS boundary files�) Geographic boundary data for the geographic levels included in your extract. Each .zip will contain the files constituting a shapefile for one geographic level. You can join the data in the CSV to the shapefile using the geographic unit codes.
Raster: Your extract will include
.tiff: geoTIFF raster files. You will receive one geoTIFF for each variable in your extract.
.tiff.xml: ISO-19115 metadata accompanying each geoTIFF