It’s a bit tricky to find this data for 2000, but it does exist. Here’s how to find it:
- Set the DATASETS filter to 2000_SF4
- Set the TOPICS filter to Labor Force and Employment Status
- There are 175 tables that match these filters
- You’ll want to find table NPCT079F. Population 16 years and over in the labor force by sex by age by employment status.
- Click the plus icon to add it to your cart.
- Click the green continue button to move onto the Data Options page
- Click the SELECT GEOGRAPHIC LEVELS to open the popup
- Click the checkbox next to County
- Click the Race/Ethnicity: 1 of 329 in the BREAKDOWNS column
- Click the checkboxes next to the race categories you’re interested in
- Click the SUBMIT button after you’re done selecting categories
- Click the green continue button in the data cart
- Finish your extract
You will now get counts in the NPCT079F. Population 16 years and over in the labor force by sex by age by employment status by the race categories you selected.
It looks like the Bureau published the employment status by race data in SF4 in 2000, which makes it challenging to find.
Dave Van Riper