SAS Studio on Mac and Supplement Data for 1 mo, 1 state

Hi!

I’m still trying to figure out how to use the syntax SAS info and .dat info with SAS Studio on a Mac, if possible. The US Census Bureau website already has tables relating family income to voting data about voter turnout and reasons for not voting on a nationwide and an undefined reigonal level from November of 2018, but I spent a couple hours trying to figure out what that means on a certain state level without sucess so far. Regardless of weight and cohort issues refining the info to one state, I’m also having trouble trying to reproduce Census Bureau tables for nationwide data. I guess the instructions for the IPUMS extract data are for different SAS software. Wanna help? Thanks! :slight_smile:

This video contains a tutorial on loading IPUMS data into SAS. The process is largely the same for Mac. By default, IPUMS data extracts are delivered as compressed, fixed-width text files that can be read into a statistical package using the accompanying syntax file. Note there is a missing step in the video: you need to decompress your data file after you download it, and before loading it into SAS.