Links to IPUMS USA on SDA now pointing to DHS data for inaccessible country

Until as recently as a few weeks ago, if I were logged in to IPUMS USA, I could revisit a saved link to a table of results on SDA (the Survey Documentation and Analysis web-based analysis tool) and obtain the original output. For example, see my September 2023 question in this forum. I use these links to share results with other researchers, including about a dozen links in a soon-to-be-released report.

Now I get this error message: "You do not have access to the requested country.

Request access to DHS data"

I get the same error with any of the datasets on the page https://usa.ipums.org/usa/sda/ .

What happened? Is there a solution?

The link in your previous forum post worked fine for me. The SDA is working for me as expected. Make sure you are opening the link in a browser window in which you are logged into IPUMS USA. You must be logged into IPUMS USA to access the SDA, including results from past analyses. If after logging in and pasting in the full link, you still aren’t able to access it, please email us at ipum@umn.edu for more targeted troubleshooting.

1 Like

Thank you, @Isabel_Pastoor. It seems I just needed to make my annual recommitment to IPUMS’s terms of use in order to access the data. I was prompted to do so by opening a different browser and logging in.