Is there a way to link addresses (street name,ZIP codes etc) and congressional districts since 1950s?

Hi, I hope this finds you well. I am trying to link some U.S. addresses (street names, ZIP codes etc.) with U.S. congressional districts? I would greatly appreciate any recommendations on how I can directly or indirectly link these two items. Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Kind regards,

Mehmet

As far as I’m aware, the best source for historical congressional districts is the US CongressionalDistricts Shapefiles project from UCLA. They maintain a set of shapefiles delineating all congressional districts back to 1789, and they have Excel spreadsheets with notes related to counties that were split by congressional districts. If you are looking to perform analysis aggregated at some low level of geography (such as the county, zip code, or block) your best resource will be IPUMS NHGIS. If you are looking to perform record level analysis your best resource will be IPUMS USA. Although, in IPUMS USA not all counties are identifiable in public use data since 1950 - see here for more details.

I hope this helps.