Food security supplement in CPS

Hi,

Could you help me identify the 8 questions that were used to construct the food security score for children in the past year? I was only able to identify 7 from the IPUMS website: fslwcfdc fsbalch fsenghch fscutch fshngrch fsskipch fsdaych

Thank you!

These questions relate to questions 11-18 on page 3 of this USDA document.

1. “We relied on only a few kinds of low-cost food to feed our children because we were running out of money to buy food.” Was that often, sometimes, or never true for you in the last 12 months? FSLWCFDC

2. “We couldn’t feed our children a balanced meal, because we couldn’t afford that.” Was that often, sometimes, or never true for you in the last 12 months? FSBALCH

3. “The children were not eating enough because we just couldn’t afford enough food.” Was that often, sometimes, or never true for you in the last 12 months? FSENGHCH

4. In the last 12 months, did you ever cut the size of any of the children’s meals because there wasn’t enough money for food? (Yes/No) FSCUTCH

5. In the last 12 months, were the children ever hungry but you just couldn’t afford more food? (Yes/No) FSHNGRCH

6. In the last 12 months, did any of the children ever skip a meal because there wasn’t enough money for food? (Yes/No) FSSKIPCH

7. (If yes to question 16) How often did this happen—almost every month, some months but not every month, or in only 1 or 2 months? FSSKIPCM

8. In the last 12 months did any of the children ever not eat for a whole day because there wasn’t enough money for food? (Yes/No) FSDAYCH

I hope this is helpful.