ATUS-X childcare variables

Childcare time variables (030100,030200,030300)measures time in child care for children under the age of 18. How can I generate time use variables by ourselves (i.e., from the second step “define time use variables”) to restrict child care time to time spent on children under the age of 13?? It seems that no filters allow me to do that.

The primary childcare codes are for time spent caring for children under the age of 18. However, you can measure childcare for children under age 13 a few ways. The first is by using the ‘with whom’ filter available while creating a time use variable. This allows you to identify primary childcare time when a respondent’s own child under the age of 13 was identified as present by the respondent. You can also limit your analysis to respondents with children under the age of 13 in the household. Finally, the secondary time spent with children under the age of 13 was collected during many dairy day activities. There are total secondary childcare time variables available for download as well.

I hope this helps.